One guy's thoughts on life, love, faith and his world

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Bubbles

Have you ever tried to find the face of Jesus in others? I wish I could say that I do normally, but I'd be a liar if I did. It's something that I want to try and be more aware of doing, but many times it gets lost in the day to day activities of life. To put it plainly, it's really unfortunate. The funny thing is no matter what we do Jesus has a way of putting His face right in front of us. It happened to me today and it happened with bubbles.

Recently, I've had the opportunity to travel to different parts of the country for my job. I've always tried to take in the beauty of our United States in nature, places and things. Although it's been a fantastic experience to meet other people, at times I've found myself wrapped up in where I've needed to go next instead of taking the time to really see what is passing me by. Has that ever happened to you?

I met an amazing young man today - his name is Trevor. He can't walk on his feet, but he goes from place to place on his own, knowing what he wants and where he needs to be. He can't talk using spoken words either.

Jesus talks through him though.

I introduced myself to him today and using and iPad, he said my name. He also told me he wanted to go outside and blow bubbles, so we did.

Trevor and I went out on his deck and we blew bubbles - big ones, small ones, funny shaped ones, you name it. We played together for maybe fifteen minutes. It was by far the best fifteen minutes of my day, not only because we had fun but because he was the teacher and I was the student. What you can learn is amazing if you listen, whether or not words are involved.

In those fifteen minutes, I saw Jesus not only in Trevor, but in his parents. I saw a calling to make the world a better place, not only today but tomorrow and the days looking ahead. There are some very good lessons to be learned here.

Life can get busy - very busy. But think about what's important. Take time to step back and see Him in others. Even more importantly, take a second to realize when He is talking through others. Sometimes - dare I say many times - it can be difficult to do. However, if we can remember to see His face, we might just be able to see Him in ourselves which brings color to our lives. Color that can radiate full circle to everyone around us.

Just like a bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment